Monday, May 11, 2009

Hang it up.

Selling a print in a gallery was something that was on my list of things to do in 2009.(HERE)

At the time I knew no one that owned a gallery or anything about them. I just figured that my photos were destined for newsprint, then died. A few of my favorites might make it to the blog but for the most part the sit on these hard drives in front of me. But I shoot so that I can stay up all night and look at 1000's of photos from all over the place with a cluster of people. That might be one of my favorite things to do. Just to get lost in summers past.

Lets start you out with this.

It was an act of God but there I was, just sitting at home one Sunday night about three or four weeks ago when something in me said "Go to Starbuck." so I got in the car and went. I sat down with my coffee and in walks Jeff Youngblood. This is a guy I met once or twice but didn't really know him. He walked up to me and said, "Your a photographer, right?"

So we got to talking and he was starting a gallery in downtown Joplin and wanted to have me be one of the artists in the opening show. Remembering back to my list, I said yes.

It is a show of four photographers. The whole process has been real fun, trying to figure out what photos to pick, getting them printed and now they are at the frame shop. I would like to show you the pictures that made the cut but I don't want to spoil the show for the locals. I will take lots of photos of the opening for those of you that cant make it. It will be a stop on the "art walk" here in Joplin and is expected to have well over 400 people roll through opening night.

I would love to see you all out there. I'm real happy about this and it feels like I'm moving in the right direction. Keep things clicking in life. Take the blinders off and who knows there you will end up.

GL

4 comments:

Rhianna said...

congrats dude! how many will be in there?

JoshuaRobert said...

this my friend, is truly monumental. I think the greatest thing about you finally being an exclusive artist at a Studio is knowing of and being part of those first photos. Doing that barspin disaster 7 different times, the 360 that claimed my elbow and Bend OR. Need I say more.

Rissa said...

Can't wait.
I'm glad that you were able to have your first gallery bit here in the midwest. We are your biggest fan and can't wait till you're opening galleries all over the place.

Sandy said...

Glad to see you fulfill one more dream. I know this is just the first of many gallery showings for you!