Sunday, March 22, 2009

Loss of a great friend.

This post should be a post of silence but I think he would want it like this:


We first met April 2007 in Moab, Utah on a mountain bike trip. From that day on we have traveled everywhere together. Those of you that know me, know how big of a deal this is. I must have ran 1000 cups though the walls of that mug in its time of service. I take my own cup to coffee shops for three reasons. First, to save money. If you bring your own mug to any coffee shop they will 9/10 times give you a cup discount. Second, I drink enough of the stuff that it saves on paper. One more tree. Third reason, it just tastes better. sometime the coffee takes on a bit of a paper taste but with ceramic its all natural. The last brew was Clover so at least it went out right. It will not be replaced easily.

7 comments:

andrew ford said...

I didn't get it when you said "I'm going to have one of those cousin posts soon..."

Got it.

Sorry to hear about the loss man. Atleast he didn't burn alive.

Andrew

Colby said...

oh no....how did it happen? if i'm responsible i don't know what i'll do...

Sandy said...

My condolences...

Glenn Landberg said...

Andrew- That bad boy was build for the heat.

Colby- There was nothing we could have done. sheer neglect lead to the end.

Sandy- Thank you. You care as if you were my mother...

mr9schwander said...

I understand. I too, lost a favorite mug once. I found a nearly exact replica hiding (in all places) in my mom's cabinet. Only to have it, too, suffer an untimely death.

If anything happens to my Krispy Kreme mug I don't know what I would do. The new Krispy Kreme mugs suck.

Great picture, by the way.

Alaina said...

Oh, Glenn, I am so sorry. I remember filling him with the great caffeinated ethiopian love each day. None will replace, but many will try...

JoshuaRobert said...

Can't replace a Sergeant with a Lieutenant. Pour one out for all the homies brother.

It's not easy finding "the one" we all know that, I hope the search is sooner than never.