Sunday, March 1, 2009

Little Lost.

I would hope that all of you are just fired up about something in your lives. As most of my friends know that for me its photography. Even more specifically its newspapers. I have never been more driven to do anything in my life then to become a photojournalist. I love news, current events and photographing, so would there be a better career for me then working for a major newspapers? Hell no would be the answer to that.

I have been 110% for the last 3 years of my life working toward achieving that. Can you imagine being in the position to see that everything you want as far as a job goes, a career, a passion just folding up before you can even get your foot in the door. That is like having to tell Tiger Woods, "sorry man, no more golf." Its all he knows, its all he is trained to do.

Take a look at this. Please take the time to watch it all. even after the credits. Its 21 mins but it is worth it.


Final Edition from Matthew Roberts on Vimeo.

Now its our jobs to just find someway to make a living. Not the way we want to or strive to do so but a compromised dream profession.

GL

2 comments:

Sandy said...

I watched the video - so sad that it happened and unfortunately more newspapers are struggling in this economy. Let's hope they can hang on. It brought back memories of my newspaper days - walking thru the newsroom with all the activity going on, watching the papers come off the presses, hauling bundles and yes, occasionally delivering a paper route or two. Those were the days! Hang on to your dream because there will always be the need for news and the photos that tell the story.

brock said...

Really nice doc on such a tragic story. Thanks for sharing!