Tuesday, January 13, 2009

2009 is a year of... who knows.

I think that I have already put too much thought into this post and I haven't even started it yet. I feel that the blog post for the new year should be a big deal. Most blogs I read just kind of skipped right over it but Andrew and Colby both posted "The List" and now its my turn. We are going to keep updates on how it is going as the year goes on.

2008 was a great year. I would have to say one of the best ones yet. Well age 10 was the best year ever just because you are just at the point were you don't have responsibilities but you are old enough to have some fun and remember it. I'm thinking that 2009 will be another big one in my life. Not that I have anything huge lined up or know what I'm doing but it just feels like another productive year, as far as the career and myself.

Here is what I have in mind so far:
(no particular order)

1. Get a pet. The sign on the local pet shop here in Joplin says "pets make life better." So why would you not get a pet for 2009. I'm thinking along the lines of Ginnie pig.

2. Get to Dubai. Those of you who know me have a good idea of how bad I want to go here and have for years now. You need to click (here) and then you will also be booking a flight. It looks like it will set me back around $2,000 to fly there but then I can get a hostel for around $25 a night. It just needs to get done. No more talking about it.

3. Ride in a helicopter. I have love them for so long but have never been up in one. I don't care what kind or where but I have to do it. I wouldn't mind something like this (here) but I would also be OK with rolling in this (here)

4. Be more productive. I get to do and see what feels like everything but I have so much down time. This is time just spent sitting around on the Internet or drinking just one more cup of coffee. I want to be more constantly productive throughout the year. I want to put a camera in my hand everyday. Even if its just one photo, I need to be shooting everyday. I need to post more blogs, so thats something I can be working on too.

5. Do five documentary style multimedia pieces. Mediastorm.org is a great site to check out. The pieces here are just mind blowing. Please take a few minutes and watch one or two. "Common ground" is one of my all time favorites. This is where print media is going and the industry is calling for more stuff like this so I figure that I should jump on the band wagon.

6. Sell a print in a gallery.

7. Figure out what kind of photographer I am. Figure out what it is I like to shoot and do it. I don't want to be good at most, I want to be great at one. I will still shoot all kinds of stuff but I just want to have a main focus of interest.

I'm sure that I will think of more as time goes on but for now, these are some important things to me and I need to do them. If you have any connections that might want to help with a few of these feel free to contact me. I hope everyone has a great year. Make it the best one yet.

1 comment:

JoshuaRobert said...

it's great. Sell a print in a gallery would definitely be something sought after. I forgot to tell you i landed my first film job editing a video for an organizations website that BFC's going to be working with now. Monumental for me. Big things are going to happen whether we anticipate them or not, it's going to be good sharing them with you brother. Take care.