Wednesday, November 5, 2008

I'm back.

I was in Kansas City last week for a journalism conference and I'm planning on using that for my excuse as to why I have not been keeping up. The school work is getting a little deep again but I'm going to try and post lots for the next week or so. There are so many things that I want to talk about.

For this one I will just talk about the photo contest at the conference.

The goal was to shoot a portrait of Kansas City. A portrait doesn't mean it has to be a person just a photo that showed a story about the city. We had 24 hours to shoot one and then all the entries were judged by fellow shooters in the contest. I think there was 68 entries and I got 11th. Its not great but I was happy about it. I didn't go out looking for a shot I just had my camera with me.

I hate going to look for a photo. If you are looking for one it wont happen. Just let it happen it always will show up.

(I couldn't be happier with the 16-35mm)





Gary Kirkland, bus driver for the Kansas City area enjoys a cigar during his 10 min break between routes.

GL

No comments: